Monday, December 27, 2010

Vacation

So most of 2008 and 2009 we only had to deal with SIL on the holidays. Everything was pretty much the same, she would act like nothing had ever happened and be kind to you when she wanted something.  I just dealt with her when I had too. I wasn't going to go out of my way to try to have a relationship with her.

In September of 2009 the family went on vacation to the beach. We all shared a beach house and before the trip I wasn't looking forward to spending a whole week around her, but it was a trip to the beach and we really wanted to go. So we packed up and went to the Outer Banks and spent a week with Husbands family, (Grandparents, Aunt,Uncles and Cousin too)

This whole trip my SIL played nice and acted like we were the best of friends. We swam in the pool together, talked about books that we were reading and just kinda bonded... (At least I thought) She even opened up to me and talked about this guy that she used to date (when Husband and I were dating) and told me she was still in love with him... they had broke up in 2004 not long after Husband and I got together. She told me how she was still in love with him and how she would still be with him, but he refused to marry her or anyone else.

Later on that night, MIL,SIL, cousin and I were talking about random stuff. Just really "shooting the shit" and SIL brought up her ex boyfriend again. She was talking to cousin and telling her about the guy... MIL spoke up and said, "yeah, well it didn't take you long to sleep with that guy too" She said to us, (myself and cousin) "You know she slept with him the first night she met him!!"  Wait, a minute...... Are you thinking back to my post about her calling me a whore... cause her brother and I lived together before we got married???  So SIL sat there looking at her mother and was speechless that she let that cat out of the bag.... I couldn't help but look at my SIL and chuckle... I could tell by the look on her face she knew why I was laughing... but to make sure she knew I "had her number" I said, "Wow, that's kinda sudden... I didn't sleep with husband on our first date.. it was a lot later than that.."  But yet she thinks I'm a whore... Ha ha! So our beach trip ending and we came back home, back to the real world and SIL never talked unless we had too.

I'll end this post on a happy note that Husband and I came home with a nice little surprise from the beach. We found out that we were pregnant with our second little one! Both of my kids are nice little souvenirs from our beach trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment