Sunday, December 26, 2010

In the beginning...

Way back when in 2004, when I met my now husbands family, I thought I was the luckiest person in the world, his family was very welcoming and seemed like "normal" people. I was so excited to have a good relationship with the "inlaws" as I've heard some serious horror stories about "getting along with the other family." My MIL helped me plan our wedding and was there every step of the way, calling on a regular basic and making me feel like part of the family. I spent a lot of time talking and getting to know her and thankful that we had a positive relationship.  At this time we lived 11 hours away from husbands parents. I met my husbands sister our first Thanksgiving together. We had been dating for about 5 months. I went to his Grandparents house with his family (parents brother and sister) My future SIL was well... a little standoffish with me.. I didn't really worry about it much, since husband told me she was a little "odd."

Moving on, to the following time we visited his family, was in 2005 we went to visit and I met more of his family, Cousins, Aunts, and Uncles etc... everyone was very nice and welcoming. I had a chance to sit down with SIL and she started telling me about husbands ex girlfriend and how much she hated her... She told me that this ex girlfriend would call his mom and want to hang out and do things together all the time and it was SO ANNOYING....  I was thinking okay.... so what... then SIL said something to me that should have raised a serious red flag.... She said, " I was so glad they broke up! She was trying to spend too much time with MY mom"....  That was all she said... I found this a little strange, but didn't think too much of it. 

On to August of 2005, husband and I had been dating for a year now and he surprised me on our 1 year anniversary with and engagement ring!! I gladly said YES! Husband was such a gentleman, he went to my parents and asked my Dad if he could marry me. So now it was time to plan a wedding! We planned to get married in my home town, and we lived about 2 hours away so planning was stressful and I needed all the help I could get. MIL helped as much as she could, given that she was even further away. I asked my SIL to be a bridesmaid and she said yes and acted very excited that we were going to become sisters... As the wedding planning went on she wasn't apart of much with the planning... she never called or returned my calls...

So wedding day comes and we say I do and kiss! Let the party begin!!! We had a wonderful reception and all of our wedding party surprised us with a little speech. My Maid of Honor who has been my best friend for over 20 years told everyone how husband and I met and how she had told me the day I met husband I would marry him someday... true story.. she called it and she was right! SIL got up and spoke about how happy she was that her brother had finally met someone that makes him happy and said "I'm so happy that I can finally say I have a sister..." She even cried and hugged me..

With all that being said, My next blog post will be about "After the bridesmaid dress was taken off"  Things changed... they changed very fast... I'm not sure why or what I did, but here goes no holding back from this point on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment